The CDI was established in 2004 with a broad mandate in community and economic development. We provide programs and services in four broad areas: community transformation and renewal, research, education, and dialogues and policy discussions.
We work in partnership with communities, industry, business, non-profit and community organizations, First Nations, and all levels of government, to develop and implement strategies for economic diversification and community resilience.
Our work focuses on the non-metropolitan communities across British Columbia’s northern and central regions – communities where more than 80% of the province’s export wealth is generated from natural resources. The sustainability of these communities is a key factor in the prosperity of the province as a whole.
We customize to the needs of our customers and vendors through strong, long-term relationships and close collaboration. These long-term relationships help us to establish formalized processes for each customer that lead to documented cost savings. Our value is also evident in the safety programs we offer to our customers. We don’t just respond to emergencies, we create systems to anticipate and eliminate them.
At ERIKS, know-how makes the difference through our:
- Veteran sales team possessing superior product knowledge for each of our clients.
- North American footprint that allows for immediate, 24/7 on-site diagnostic and preventive service.
- Proprietary inventory control system which enables our team to provide individuals customers with consistent and personalized service.
- Customized/fabricated products for specific industry and customer needs with flexibility unmatched in the industry.
- Detailed documentation of fabricated products specific to every end-user that allows for quick action, reducing down time.
- A formalized process to document savings in the total cost of ownership for the products we provide.