The FSJ and District Chamber is currently hiring for the position of Regional Business Liaison.
Community Business Liaison
Temp, Full Time – 10 month contract. With potential for renewal.
Who We Are
The Fort St. John and District Chamber of Commerce is the voice of business across the Northern Peace Region. Known as ‘The Chamber’ we have serviced Fort St. John and District businesses for 6o years and advocated for many essential services and sectors during that time. Our vision is to build stronger communities by building stronger businesses. Currently our membership is approximately 400 strong and growing. Services of the Chamber include advocacy, networking, business development, and support. Our goals are to Collaborate, Educate, Communicate, Advocate and Celebrate!
We are looking for a candidate who can foster relationships with stakeholders in diverse sectors and industries utilizing the Chamber membership and City of FSJ Business Licensing as resources. You will need to be able to effectively share business initiatives, funding opportunities, services and programming offered through our partners at Northern Development and other resource providers. You will collect and manage data to develop a comprehensive (CRM) system. Travelling to businesses will be required regionally through the north peace including Taylor, Fort St. John and Hudson’s Hope. Cold Call phone interviewing and connecting is critical.
Project and Program Management –
- Oversee the development of an inclusive survey to collect business related data
- Plan and prepare materials for business development information distribution
- Organize meetings and methods to connect with business sectors (following Covid-19 guidelines)
- Report on project milestones, outcomes, and impacts monthly with a final report
- Execute all communications, planning, marketing as required.
- Liaise with City of Fort St. John Economic Development
Skills Required –
- Positive attitude and people skills
- Ability to convey and gather information accurately
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Accountable to on time reporting
- Organization and time management
- Ability to prioritize, and work within deadlines
- Computer skills including MS Office Suite – required, Customer Relationship Management Software (CRM) beneficial – BRE specific would be beneficial
- Survey development / data collection and recording
- Valid Drivers License
Competitive compensation offered.
The right person will be a collaborative team member who is self-motivated to achieve results.
The ability to work individually is critical and being self-motivated a requirement.
This position reports to the Executive Director of the Fort St. John and District Chamber of Commerce
Deadline to apply November 13.
#104, 9907 99 Avenue T:250.785.6037
Fort St John, BC V1J 1V1 F: 250.785.6050
W: fsjchamber.com E: email@example.com
Send resume to: